Barnes F. Lovelace, Jr.
Barney Lovelace serves as managing partner for the firm. His practice consists of general civil litigation, industrial development, governmental affairs and commercial real estate transactions. Mr. Lovelace also represents industries seeking tax abatements and other incentives for new and expanding companies. He is general counsel for the Morgan County Economic Development Association.
Over the years, Barney has represented numerous international, national, state and local corporations and insurers in complex litigation involving contract disputes, defective products and negligence claims. He also has significant experience handling all matters related to commercial and residential real estate, including mortgages, title searches and sales and lease contracts.
- Commercial Real Estate
- Industrial Development and Financing
- General Civil Litigation
- Governmental Affairs
- Insurance Defense
- Construction Law
- Alabama, 1983
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Alabama
- Cumberland School of Law at Samford University, 1983
- University of Alabama, B.S., 1978
- Phi Delta Phi
- National Student Bar Association, Past President
- Alabama State Bar
- American Bar Association (Board of Governors, Law Student Division)
- Morgan County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, Past President
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association
Civic Activities and Other Experiences
- Decatur – Morgan County Chamber of Commerce (Board Member, 1998-2002)
- Treasurer, Decatur General Hospital Foundation
- Rotary Club of Decatur