Zachary H. Starnes
E-Mail: [email protected]
Zachary H. Starnes is a general practice attorney whose areas of practice include estate planning and administration (wills, trusts and probate matters), corporate and business law, taxation, contract and commercial law, and general business transactions.
Zach joined the firm in September 2012. He received his J.D. from Cumberland School of Law at Samford University, where he was an editor of the American Journal of Trial Advocacy. Prior to attending law school, he received his undergraduate degree and his M.B.A. from Harding University in Searcy, Arkansas.
- Wills, Probate, Trusts and Estates
- Elder Law
- Corporate Law and Business Planning
- Commercial Law
- Federal/State Taxation
- Alabama, 2012
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Alabama
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, 2012
- Editor, American Journal of Trial Advocacy
- Harding University, M.B.A., 2009
- Harding University, B.S., Public Administration, cum laude, 2008
- Global NAPs, Inc. v. Verizon New England, Inc.: Does a Permissive Counterclaim in a Federal Suit Require an Independent Basis of Jurisdiction?, 34 Am. J. Trial Advoc. 721 (2011).
- The Business Judgment Rule After Twombly and Iqbal: Must Plaintiffs Now Plead Around the Rule to Survive a 12(b)(6) Motion to Dismiss?, 35 Am. J. Trial Advoc. 639 (2012).
- Alabama State Bar
- Morgan County Bar Association
Civic Activities and Other Experiences
- Beltline Church of Christ, Deacon
- Rotary Club of Decatur, Member
- Decatur-Morgan County Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Decatur Morgan Hospital Foundation, Ambassador