Dow M. Perry, Jr.
Mac Perry's practice includes individual, partnership and corporate tax matters, both at the federal and state level, estate law, general corporate law, trust and estate planning, probate matters and estate administration.
As one of the firm’s specialists in corporate and tax law, Mr. Perry has created hundreds of corporations and limited liability companies. He facilitates the purchase and sale of all types and sizes of businesses, creates contracts and provides a full range of tax preparation services and tax planning solutions. Mac also has extensive experience tailoring estate plans to suit client’s priorities and routinely handles estate administration.
He served as attorney-advisor to the Honorable Irene F. Scott, Judge, United States Tax Court.
Mr. Perry has been listed for more than fifteen years in The Best Lawyers in America® for his work in Tax Law.
- Federal/State Taxation
- Wills, Probate, Trusts and Probate Estates
- Corporate Law and Business Planning
- Commercial Law
- Alabama, 1974
- U.S. Tax Court, 1975
- U.S. Claims Court, 1975
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Alabama
- New York University, LL.M. in Taxation, 1975
- University of Alabama School of Law, 1974
- Birmingham-Southern College, B.A., 1971
- Alabama State Bar
- Morgan County Bar Association, President 2000-2001
- Alabama Board of Bar Examiners, former member
Civic Activities and Other Experiences
- Board Member Emeritus and past Chairman of Board of Trustees, Decatur General Hospital Foundation
- Board of Directors, Wells Fargo Bank, Decatur
- Decatur – Morgan County Chamber of Commerce